Monday, January 22, 2007

#9 Explore online office/productivity tools

Thank you for this task, whoever thought of this one. I had no idea about the potential of what you can do with google! and it is very exciting to me! I created a bio with google docs and spreadsheets of myself. Although I tried to post my document to my blog, the following message about not having permission to post to my blog or the setting was not correct, came up. I would like to keep fiddling with this to see if I can get it to work. After visiting http://www.seomoz.org/web2.0 I found some music sites that I think would be really great for libraries: last.fm or musicstrands.com. These seem fun and interesting. People could bring their headphones into the library (of course), listen to music, and add different types of music to their collection of songs or artists and then tag their favorite music. People all over the world would see different tags for the same favorite music or could look up music according to tags. People could discuss music with other individuals and have fun! I don't know how this would work for staff, yet, other than getting ideas for various music for selection. But it definately works for anyone who wants to listen to music in the library!

Thanks,

Laurie

to view my google word document, I published it to the web at http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfstgfdw_0j2tgzt
Thanks,
Laurie

No comments: